Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th, 2013 Sister Worthington's Monday Email

So one more week till I have completed 6 months of the mission!!! its crazy!!!!!!!!!!! I only have a year left and then im a normal person lol well this week has been good.
We saw Debra one last time before she moved. We taught her the atonement and she cried the whole time. Im so sad that she moved out of my area but she is and will be my first baptism and ill always be known as her missionary so it will all be ok.
 
Tuesday- pretty much all our appointments canceled :( but we did see 2 ladies named Mary and paula. Their sisters with a really bad alcohol and smoking problem so we went by and visited them and they were great. We are working to help them stop smoking,
 
Wednesday- We saw 3 less actives. The first was one named Jimmy. Jimmy has been less active for almost 20 years and was founded by other missionaries. He doesn't talk much but the spirit is always so strong when we are there and he gives very powerful prayers. We then saw another less active named silvia she smokes and just recently recovered from cancer. Shes a bit crazy but we enjoy teaching her. Then we saw another named Sister Puma shes way sweet she says that we are like granddaughters to her :)
 
Thursday- We saw a less active named Virginia. her grandson who was interested was there and he listened very well. We also had interviews with my mission president. It went really well. I was very open to him about things and he told me something that really hit me. He said he understood what I went through with my mom was really tough but he said he truly felt that what I wen through prepared me for this mission so that I can understand what people go through and tell them how the gospel has helped me. It didn't make too much sense to me till the next day.
 
Friday- as we were teaching I was feeling anxiety again :( and so I told my companion about it and told her how frustrated I was that I have an anxiety disorder and that I didn't get the childhood I should have. She told me to pray and pour my heart to heavenly father so I did. and afterwards we went to an appointment with some recent converts. Only mom and daughter were there but as we were talking the daughter Stevie Ray who is about 16 and seriously is the prettiest girl ever but her mom told us that she struggled with test anxiety and bullies. And I told them of my experiences growing up and everything. And as we talked the mom told me that I was an answer to their prayers and I told them the same thing. Ive become really close to them since that point.
 
Saturday- due to my anxiety my companion and I got priesthood blessings from our zone leaders. They were amazing the one thing that stood out to me is that ill be able to conquer my anxiety and also that I should know that my family and friends are praying for me. And that warmed my heart to know that you all are praying for me no matter what. Also we got a new investigator named Tali. Shes 9 and due to her and her grandma not coming to church she didn't get baptized in time so we are teaching her
 
Sunday- the main thing of the day was splits with some girls in the pmg class so I took 2 girls tracting and it actually wasn't too bad. some guy gave us candy, 3 people let us bear our testimony on jesus Christ and we got some pass along cards passed to people. so not too bad.
 
Well I hope all is well and love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment