Monday, October 28, 2013

October 21

So last week when I emailed you all I told you that I was starting a new area somewhere with a new companion. I was terrified and finally by 5:15 the missionaries that were down in Texas arrived and my area was the last to be announced. :/ They announced that my companion is Sister Moulding (which shes pretty awesome by the way) and then they announced that we were going to a place called Valencia County which is right next to Los Lunas. So they gave us our car (no more biking!!!!!! yay!!!!) and we headed off. It was only 20 minutes away from Albuquerque and we got there and ites pretty much a farming village!!!!!!! I was super excited when I saw it. We found our house and we live right next door to goats, Chickens, and roosters. And our neighbors are super nice they came up to us and said hi and introduced themselves and they said that they watch over the missionaries that live here and make sure nothing bad happens to them. So we feel super safe here. But we go in and the sisters before us left the place a mess!!!! I was super ticked off and my anxiety was all over the place to go along with that. But then the elders called ( we cover the south part they cover the north) and they said they were heading over to meet us. So then when they got there because of mission rules they told us to follow us to the church. Once we got there I asked them for a blessing after the blessing I felt a lot better. Afterwards they explained the area to us and we met the relief society.  So later we were back home when we heard a knock on the door. The relief society showed up and helped us clean our house!!! Bless their dear hearts :). The rest of the week has been pretty busy. Meeting the bishop, our ward mission leader, lots and lots of meeting with the elders and others. We did service, we also have tried some less actives. And we also got 2 new investigators on our first week here!!!! So so far so good were pretty excited!!! And we have also become super good friends with the elders their names are elder reams and elder reading and their both super awesome! Im super excited for this area!!!! Love you all :) Also heres a pic of sister Tompkins and I back in my old area with the Carillo family :) Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment