Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2012

So Maddy didn't get a chance to send out an email to everyone on Monday, and my correspondence with her was more like a choppy conversation....so I'm going to type up a letter we received from her yesterday instead.  It sounds like she's a little homesick, and she's in such a hard area right now, but her faith is strong.  Please keep her in your prayers and send her words of encouragement!  We are planning on doing a special fast for Maddy on Fast Sunday in June and would love for anyone to join us!

Dear Family,

So I have survived two months and 1 transfer of my mission. :) I'm really happy. Only 16 months left to serve the Lord so I'm trying to make the time count and go fast.  lol. It's tough going to families houses and wishing I was spending time with you guys but I know the work I'm doing is very worth it. So Tuesday was a very very long day. We spent all day looking for former investigators and members and trying to get referrals. We tried 14 houses and only 2 let us in.  But even though it was really hot, tiring and frustrating it was worth it. I have gotten 2 priesthood blessings on my mission (I'm trying to get at least one every transfer) and both of them Heavenly Father has said he loves me, he's proud of me, and he trusts me so I know what I'm doing is hard but it's all worth it to me. I miss and love you guys so much but I know I will see you guys again very soon.

Love you guys,

Sister Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment